Rochester channel 10 may be one of several news stations for Rochester, but it is the only NBC affiliated station. If you regularly catch the news on channel 10, you might never think about how long the station has been around, but after reading this article you are going to know a lot more about channel 10 than the average viewer.
Here are some fun facts about Rochester NY channel 10.
- Channel 10 Rochester NY is broadcast directly from downtown Rochester!
- The station first went on the air in 1953.
- Channel 10 has only been a part of the NBC network since 1989.
- Rochester NY channel 10 is rumored to be transitioning to HD and widescreen.
- From 1985 to 1991, Vanessa Tyler was a reporter.
- In 2008, WHEC was the first station in Rochester to start a weeknight newscast at 7 pm.
- The station was at one point affiliated with CBS, and then also with ABC.
- The Hickson Electric Company founded the station.
- Approximately 475,000 households are served by WHEC.
- Rochester channel 10 used to have the station slogan “Digging for Answers. Reporting Them First.”
Channel 10 has easily kept up with the digital age, and has one of the most navigable websites out of all the local news stations. You can connect to channel 10 with Facebook, Twitter, or get automatic updates on new content directly to your RSS feed. Do you want to connect directly to the news anchors and staff? You can do that!
We tend to take our news stations for granted. They are there every morning when we get ready for our commute, and every night as we get ready for the start of another workday. It is important to realize that these staples of our daily viewing have long histories! The next time that you tune into WHEC, remember that there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than you probably realize.
Trackback from your site.